Saturday, December 28, 2013

Getting the lead out

So yeah, I guess the point of this blog is to partly, keep a record of things and partly, to get myself to do more.

But man, it's been so long since I wrote anything that wasn't work that everything I've been writing has been coming out like some kind of mission statement/op-ed/strategic mumbojumbo. It's pretty ironic, considering that a million years ago (or maybe more like 13 years), when I was just getting started off as an editor, I took up blogging to learn how to 'really write.' As in, write easily, understandably, and hopefully, entertainingly, so maybe one day, I could work as a writer professionally. Well, I've been a full-time writer now for about 12 years. Mission accomplished? But somewhere along the way, I got lazy and forgot how to write anything that wasn't work. 

It seems though, having assignments and deadlines is the only way I know how to get the words out, so I'm going to have to assign myself stuff. So please forgive me if some of these blogs read like work. I've got to get the lead out, and that's the only way I know how for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment